Sunday, September 11, 2016

Häagen-Dazs® Brownies à la Mode

I always love to try new food, from the sweet to the savory. In this case, the very sweet - Häagen-Dazs® Brownies à la Mode. Yes - this blog is about ice cream.

I chose this particular flavor because who doesn't love brownies with ice cream. Put it all in the form of ice cream, it has to be good, right?? As someone who love to have indulgent ice cream, this flavor seemed right up my alley.

So what did I think? Well, as you can imagine, the bar was set pretty high, as it was coming from Häagen-Dazs®. And while they did not disappoint, it didn't knock my socks off, either. I think I was hoping/expecting a lttle more creaminess with a swirl of sweet vanilla cream (or something to that effect). And while the flavor was there, I didn't find that swirl. And I think I was expecting more of the chewy brownie chunks... which is hard to have when something's frozen. So that was all on me.

But don't get me wrong - it was good ice cream! And I'd absolutely buy it again. The flavor was really good - not overpowering, but rich, none the less. The richness is probably what kept me from eating the whole pint in one sitting. Which is a good thing. For me, at least.

So if you're a brownie fanatic, and love ice cream - and really love the two together - this could be your go to ice cream. I think I'll thrown some strawberries on there next time I try it, because, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment