Sunday, September 25, 2016

Curél® Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer

I was never one to have much of a moisturizing routine. I just never had the time. So my 'routine' came to be just moisturizing where and when it was needed, and that's it.

Now, the idea of 'moisturizing' in the shower, while my skin was still wet... that seemed crazy! But I was willing to give it a try. I'll try anything once. Enter Curél® Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer.

What's so great about putting on 'lotion' while you're standing in your shower? That just sounds weird, right? I mean, how good could it really feel? And I'll be honest, I went in with pretty low expectations. I just had no confidence in something like this working, nor did I see where putting it on your wet skin wouldn't leave my skin sticky or feeling off, somehow.

So I got this sample from CrowdTap. I put it on the shelf in my shower, so I wouldn't forget to try it out. After my first show, I looked at, not sure what to expect, opened it up, and was surprised to it wasn't quite as 'lotion like' as I though... but it wasn't a gel, either. It was kind of a blend of the two. And it went on SO easy! It surprised me how quickly I took cares of all my body parts. Then, per the instructions, I stepped out of the shower and dried off, as usual.

Now, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, for me), my skin is not particularly dry, this time of year. So I had no instant gratification of feeling moisturized. In fact, being my first time, I had a couple of sticky patches, where I think I just put too much (like behind my knees). But other than that, my skin felt fine. Not super moisturized, but not dry, either. besides, I was still reveling about how easy it was!

So this routine has gone on for about week, now, and while I can't say I saw a huge difference in my skin (since it wasn't overly dry to begin with), I can't say I saw nothing. For example, I had some scratched, that were on the verge of healing, but had that dry skin from the healing around the edge... and this helped the healing process AND got right of that dry edge. So I didn't scratch it as much, and actually forgot all about it (until I'd look down and see it). So that was something.

Bottom line, I think I'd like to keep this stuff around. #1 - it's super easy. #2 - winter is quickly coming, and I KNOW my skin gets dry then - would love to see if this routine could vanquish that. And #3 - there does seem to be minimal benefits, even if it's not notable or super apparent. Maybe I'll finally find myself with a doable moisturizing routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment