Sunday, July 2, 2017

Jafra Royal Jelly

I'll admit - I never heard of Jafra before this opportunity came in front on me on CrowdTap. But as I dug in and did a little research, I found it had a lot of rave reviews. This gave me high hopes, and got me excited to try this new (to me) regimen out!

I read through all the materials when I received my package. I received five of the Royal Jelly products; Gentle Cleansing Milk, Spot Serum w/vitamin C, Global Longevity Eye Crème, Royal Jelly Global Longevity Crème, and Royal Jelly Solar Protection Fluid. So, I received a whole new regimen to try out for 30 days (or longer, if I desire).

So, it's been 30 days. I have mixed feelings about this regimen. Maybe I set the bar too high for a 30 day run. Or maybe it's just over-hyped. It's probably somewhere between those two scenarios. So I'm going to run though each product with my thoughts, as briefly as possible. This is not to say everyone has this experience... just look at my blog subtitle.

First off, the Cleansing Milk. I get that it's a GENTLE Cleansing Milk. But I didn't feel like it was cleaning at all. Maybe I've gotten used to those cleansers that foam, tingle, or otherwise feel 'soapy' as they clean. The Cleansing Milk is SO thick, though! It felt more like I was massaging some sort of mask on, then rinsing it off. It didn't feel like it was cleaning, so much as it was just treating. I found myself wanting to cleanse with something else, before using this (but I resisted). So this was not a favorite product for me.

Next on the regimen was the Spot Serum. This one, I liked. At least in the way it went on. It went on so light, and absorbed almost instantly, without feeling sticky! Big plus in my book - I find so many serums that feel sticky! So it was super easy to apply, and didn't feel like it impeded the other cremes going on next. Now, was far as results go, the 30 days didn't give me noticeable improvements. But to be fair, I am a fair skinned, freckly girl, and have been since I was really little. This serum does claim to help prevent future spots, so it may be doing something unseen. I'll likely keep going through this bottle, at least, and see where it gets me.

The Longevity Eye Crème goes on next for me. I've been using an eye creme of another brand for years, and like to think it's why my under-eye area doesn't look worse. So I'm a believer in Eye Cremes. This one, I think I even saw some actual improvements, though minor, in my fine lines under my eyes. But there is one negative I found with this creme... if it's hot out, it melts (for lack of a better term). When I first used it, we were still having some nice spring weather - not too hot. But the later part of my trial, we were getting near 90's, and if I so much as started to glisten, I found my eyes starting to burn. I've never had this happen before!! On days when I was indoors all day, I was fine. But if I was in the heat, without fail, it would happen. So not sure how you want to take that piece of info... personally, I'd like to use this eye creme some more... but maybe only on days I know I'm inside?

The biggest surprise for me was the Global Longevity Crème. It's a true creme, in its form - comes in a little tub and is very thick. But it goes on very light! It has a very pleasant scent, as well, which since this goes on your entire face and neck, is a good thing. It absorbs relatively quickly, and for me, left a dewy look to my skin. I'm not a fan of the dewy look, but if I'm going to bed or just hanging around the house, I can leave it like that. Results weren't too measurable for me... but again, maybe 30 days isn't enough?

Finally, the Solar Protection Fluid. My biggest qualm with this is that it's not multi-functional. Well, not in the way I'm used to - like as part of the Longevity Creme, rather than a separate step. It does claim to also help with existing sun damage, but again, I haven't been able to see much spot reduction yet. That said, I do LOVE that this is SPF 50! It's very lightweight and easy to apply - almost too easy! The first time I applied too much and have a white face with the extra lotion! You truly only need a little bit, and that would get my whole face, my ears, and I'd wipe the extra still on my chest and/or shoulders. This is an easy add, no matter the brand of regimen you have. Not many have as high as an SPF 50 rating, so if you take one thing from this blog, take that.

So... mixed bag of feelings. And I do believe the results are due to my skin type and issues (oilier, lots of freckles, etc). This particular blog entry rings true of my subtitle... this is MY opinion, and my results probably differ from yours. That said, if you can sample this, it might be worth your while - this can be an expensive line of products to buy if you're not sure. But for a brand I never heard of before this, I was pleasantly surprised with what I did get.

No comments:

Post a Comment